7.27.2011

All Systems Go!

We've reached that highly coveted stage of pregnancy where baby is fully prepared to make his debut (in good health, that is).  It's super exciting to know that we'd have one healthy boy if he came tonight (but I have been assured by my doctor that he's not likely to make an appearance today).  As a fun twist, I thought to get Kyle to take my picture before he left for work today.  It only took me half my pregnancy to think to ask him...

It may not be classy to wear short shorts this pregnant....

.... but I'm only taking criticism from folks who have been pregnant in July.

If you are a creature of habit, I've included the mirror pictures like old times.  As always, I serve them to you blurry.  (I only did this because I was confused about which side to take for the profile shot to go with all the other weeks' belly profile pictures~ it's times like these I'm pretty sure God didn't intend this little blond to use digital technology and mirrors simultaneously).

Face concealed by camera~ check.

Use of my favorite "maternity" shirt to conceal large baby~ check.
In other news, I've received a bevy of compliments on my cute "maternity" clothes from all sorts of women out in the world (grocery stores, Ikea, church, etc).  Here's the deal~ most of my clothes I got from the clearance racks at stores I normally frequent.  This lovely top was a clearance purchase at Gap in January.  In my facebook profile picture right now my shirt looks like it couldn't be anything but a maternity top, and yet it makes me happy to don an American Eagle clearance top in a size bigger than I normally sport (that is, non-gestational Leah size).  I think a lot of women can dress cute during pregnancy without necessarily reconstituting her closet with maternity items; it just takes a little creativity and a lot of empire-waist garments.  Just thought I'd share... time for a little nap before Mr. Ham comes home.  A nursery post is coming soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...