8.01.2011

Funny Story....

So last month Kyle and I went to North Carolina to visit his family for the 4th of July.  We had a really fun time playing in the sun with friends.  It's always good to be there and enjoy time on boats (I skipped the ski boat this trip and only boarded the very smooth riding pontoon boat).  Boat time always leads to a little recreational activity.  Some of you may know that Kyle is exceptional at wakeboarding.  Here's a sampling of his skills...





...that is, his skills about 5 years ago.  Not to say he's not a fit and athletic fella now; he's just more of a runner & weightlifter these days.  He just hasn't be tugged behind a boat very much the last couple of years.  Well, he went out on the water with a few friends to see what he could still do while I opted for a mid-afternoon nap (sun + pregnancy = one highly fatigued lady).  As Kyle was heading out, I asked him to be careful and jokingly said, "Don't break your leg."

Four weeks later, what does this story have to do with anything?  Kyle had a sore ankle after his day of wakeboarding, but it didn't seem serious.  He's been training for a half-marathon with some co-workers running several times a week (he's hardcore~ tempo runs, hill sprints, 8 mile runs in summer heat, etc).  That little ankle has just been giving him trouble on and off for the whole month of July.  After some encouragement/nudging by a few folks, he finally went to the doctor to see what was going on last Friday.  My sweet husband discovered he has a fractured ankle.

Check out that boot and those crutches...
So now neither Hamilton is functioning at 100%.  Now I certainly thought at 38 weeks Kyle would be waiting on me hand and foot, but as Michael Scott says, "Oh how the turn tables...."  So if yall are the praying types, we could use it for fast healing for Kyle.  He gets MRI results on Wednesday, and I'll keep you posted on how we weather the next couple of weeks as Ham #3 joins us.

Kyle was a bit bummed that he got hurt wakeboarding since he was once so strong and good at it.  His spirits were boosted though by an impressed co-worker who couldn't believe Kyle was doing long distance runs on a broken ankle.  This man bowed to Kyle's manly testosterone.  I just hope this doesn't encourage him to get too manly before he has fully recovered.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...