| Our two race t-shirts~ the blue one is from the event and the red one is what we wore to run (ADVA is Kyle's company). |
Place No. NAME Age S GunTime Pace
179. 508 Hamilton Leah 27 F 36:14 11:40
(Out of 278 women)
My pace wasn't bad~ I was running a pace around 12:40 for the half-marathon, and managed to run a minute faster per mile 7 weeks later (and about 10 pounds heavier). I even completed the run in front of 99 other women (at 26 weeks pregnant)! That's not really important; it just is a reminder about how capable I am even when I feel slow and heavy. It's official, though, I am done racing until after Mr. Hamilton is no longer my internal companion. I'm now shifting my focus to walking and swimming once I get a preggy swim top.
That afternoon Kyle and I took a nap and then went shopping at Fresh Market~ one of our favorite things to do. We picked out some fun cheeses and a small afternoon snack. What were the cheeses for? Baguettes, of course. Kyle makes so many of them, and he decided to pack a bunch to share with friends as we headed down to Stone Mountain for some fun in the sun and the laser show!
| Kyle and I posed with Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee (poor Stonewall Jackson is hidden behind my husband's marvelous crown). |
Have you never been to the laser show? Don't know what a laser show is? Well, thanks to some lovely contributors on youtube, we are not left without any resources. I selected part 2 of what perhaps is a 3 part series recorded on a digital camera by a laser show enthusiast. If you think the video quality is bad, in truth it's probably the quality of the laser show. About 4 minutes into this video, you can enjoy a bona fide confederate treasure~ our Civil War heroes come to life from the face of the rock and gallantly ride their horses to the crooning of Elvis Presley. Southern patriotism isn't quite complete without a little rebel pride. If you want to go all out, I recommend drinking an ice cold sweet tea out of a mason jar while you enjoy this video....
Soon I'll report on the Mother's day activities; Kyle certainly spoiled me. Thus, the recounting of my ideal weekend will continue.....
No comments:
Post a Comment