I spent most of today trying to recover from the 5am wake up call that thunder and lightning so wildly bestowed to our window-rattled home. Between that and the new sensation of feeling little Mr. Hamilton's feet tapping away, my sleep has been a little disturbed. Today I wanted to make sure I was good and tired for bed. While running would be the natural first choice, it actually doesn't help me sleep hard. Plus with the nasty weather, it's just easier to stay indoors. What really wears me out? House chores!
First I make a list~strip the bed, gather linens from the bathroom and laundry closet, unpack our bags from the weekend trip to my parents' house, drag all these things to the laundry room~ sort through the mail, put all our new baby gifts in the little man's closet (thanks Mom!), clip some coupons~ empty dishwasher & hand wash dishes that don't get the machine treatment~ bake a breakfast treat for Bible study tomorrow (for this I augmented a banana bread recipe to create a pecan raisin bread)~ complete today's Bible study~ etc....
 |
| As you can tell, this is the end of the day version. I didn't make it to cross-stitching or successfully finding Miss Foo a birthday gift... also, I have goofy handwriting. |
Well, completing my tasks took the better part of the day (can you say 3 loads of laundry?). On the boring days like today where my activities are monotonous, I try to find something special to do to make it less glum. Today I decided to have a tea party for me. Maybe it's silly or maybe I'm enjoying the last few days of household female domination (while Kyle's at work). Once the little man comes, I'll retire my teapot for a bit and celebrate the return of afternoon coffee. A coffee party with the baby isn't nearly as emasculating as tea for two.
 |
| English breakfast with a dash of sugar |
 |
| The girly indulgence is over the top with my pretty teaspoon. |
Anyhow, I've been pretty lousy at taking pictures when Kyle and I are busy or visiting with folks. A month ago we made a trip to Memphis, and I have no photographic or written evidence that the event ever occurred. This is a regret because we visited my big sister & brother-in-law for the first time (just the
two three of us). We had a grand time talking, going out for BBQ, and movie watching. Same for last weekend~ Kyle and I went over to my folks' place to catch up and try to knock out some projects for the nursery with their guidance. Between the weather and (on my part) laziness, we only touched up the crib and un-upholstered a rocking chair. The highlight was shopping with Miss Foo, seamstress extraordinaire and saavy Joann shopper. Man alive~I have never witnessed chaos and ill-will like I did in that craft store on Saturday. Perhaps it was because it was a sale weekend on the ugliest day in March. You'd think these crafty shoppers were doing their taxes while walking over hot coals at the same time of suffering from terrible indigestion. Alas, I had my trusty little sister to keep our moods afloat and our desired goods in sight. We came home with lots of fabric, some DMC floss (for the cross-stitch), materials for nursery wall art, foam & stuffing for our ancient rocking chair, and buttons. On top of helping me navigate the store, get all my materials measured and cut to size, and using her whole stash of coupons on things that mostly benefit the Ham fam; my little sister even picked out patterns & such to create a Finn, the human, outfit for the baby. This is from Adventure Time~my cartoon weakness.
 |
| I'm pretty excited to see the baby slumber soundly in this getup. Miss Foo chose a non-pill forming fleece for extra coziness. |
|
All that last paragraph is to say that I'll try to be better at capturing more of our life on film and reporting written accounts accordingly. This weekend our friend JT is coming through Atlanta. We are stoked about that & it's looking like a good opportunity to make good on my new commitment. Until then, a bientot!
No comments:
Post a Comment