The simple and glorious potato chip. This particular chip was homemade by Kyle.
For days I have been begging Kyle to go to the grocery store and buy me some chips. We have tortilla chips and crackers in the dorm, but they just don't quite hit the spot. Kyle, being the culinary caper that he is, couldn't help not trying Alton Brown's recipe rather than buying a bag. His first round was tasty. Oddly enough, the dorm started smelling like soap which made my snack of crisps become quite repulsive. I mentioned to Kyle that it reeked of suds instead of spuds...good eats? I think not... Somehow the water from the taters mixed with oil can turn into something like soap, according to Chef Brown.
Chips in the making
In other news, I had thought about wall art above our sofa for a while. White walls are boring, but even Ikea doesn't make a super affordable something to hang in our blank space. Meanwhile our cards from home were clustered all on top of our bookshelf~we could only see the front row. I had a "gee, why didn't I think of that before" moment and turned our Hallmarks into a colorful display. Happy day...
I call it Cards above Couch
Quite a diverse array of greetings
This leads me to request that you, my friends, send more. It'd be really great to cover the wall and then do something terribly dorky like post a picture on facebook and tag each card with the name of the sender.... In all seriousness, Kyle and I developed a dependency on going to the mail room and finding a treasure from the U.S. Since our birthdays and Christmas are long gone, it's unlikely we'll see anything again until Easter. After Easter, what occasion will there be to send a card? Happy Bastille day? I'll make you a deal. If you send Kyle and me a card, note, postcard, letter, drawing, receipt from Moe's, lock of hair, or anything; I will send you your choice of art created by one of my french students. I've posted pictures of practically everything ever given to me so you should find something you like in older blog entries. I hope that is a reasonable trade...
Our address is~
ALOES, chambre G205
4, place Edouard Branly
57070 METZ
FRANCE
Just imagine, this inspirational squirrel (as Keight says) could be yours!
2 comments:
Hey that is a great idea!! Thanks for the inspiration, I might do that too... :)
i want that squirrely MOFO! also. the thing about thagging them all on facebook...are you making fun of me there too? thats EXACTLY what i did with our christmas card collection so it would live on. either this is really cool because we had the eact same idea or you are hilarious for making fun of me like this. either way...
Post a Comment