3.28.2010

Francofun!

Friday night we had two of the coolest guys over for dinner.  Jonathan and Andreas are two of Kyle's classmates from Supelec (his super smart French electrical engineering school).  Forever and a day ago, they had us over for dinner, and we kept promising we'd have them over soon.  Well, they are departing for Lyon and Paris (respectively) like today to start their internships (a Supelec requirement for graduation~pray that Kyle receives his soon.  He should start in May, unlike his buds).  It was a lovely evening to talk about what's on the horizon for them and when we'll see them next.  We are definitely making a trip to Lyon to see Jonathan; I was hoping we'd have an excuse to travel to my old home.

Andreas & Jonathan on our tiny sofa

Last fall~they prepared an enormous meal for us and we greedily ate it not thinking about reciprocating the gesture for almost 6 months.  Greedy Hams.

The menu was quite awesome.  Jonathan liked the sweet potatoes we made for Thanksgiving, so Kyle thought why not make them again?  For dessert we whipped up a delicious banana pudding a la En Vivo Tertulia recipe.  Will Hudson and I were pudding making fiends back in the spring of 2006.  The main dish was the ever popular and cleverly named I would do anything for loaf made popular by Keight's recipe recreation blog giveaway.  If you make three recipes she's posted on her blog and send pictures and reviews of the recipe and do it before her other readers, you qualify one of her super cute handmade items.  I don't think it counts if you make your husband cook it and then review how well he made it.  Alas, I got a picture of the chef en train de preparing our meat.

Chef Kyle rockin' his bacon covered meaty dish before cooked to perfection

Brave Little Toaster~Meatloaf coupled with sweet potatoes pushing our toaster oven to the limits

Kyle verifying that it's working it!

Et voila!  A perfectly brown meal...

This is what I made with just a little help from Kyle.

It looks like the room is on fire behind me... we can't be concerned with such things with the camera timer is counting down...

The evening concluded with a petit concert for our friends.  Kyle brought out the banjo and they wanted me to sing.  I grabbed the guitar and we had a little performance for them.  Rest assure, we played some Avett Brothers and Wagon Wheel~these are musical bread and butter to the Hamiltons.  Perhaps we are just stuck in our ways.

A boy and his banjo

Wagon Wheel...hopefully we'll tire of this song before yall do.

Show & Tell~Thursday after lunch, a third grader named Louane ran up to me in the hall way with this precious little trinket.  She even fastened it around my wrist before dashing back to her classroom.  I am quite impressed with her skills and think it's the cutest little bracelet ever.  

What a sweet treasure

 That's all for now friends.  Hope you are doing very well.  I always love hearing from you so feel free to leave a message here or on facebook or wherever.  A plus!

1 comment:

keight dukes said...

wait, how was it? you can be honest...cant be worse than mariah's review. i am in love with the brave little toaster! yall are hardcore!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...