Woah, before you judge my title and believe I've turned into an eco-buddy, hippy tree hugger, give me a minute before you move on to reading Suri's Burn Book or some other cooler blog than mine. I have realized in the past few months that I love to write, but writing about being a mother or homemaker just isn't a renewable resource in my realm of creativity. Good news for you is that mom-blogging is the fuel to the blogosphere fire (and politics... also, Apple products); there is no dearth of material in parenthood if that's what you are into. If mom bloggers are like an orchestral ensemble skillfully mastering their respective instruments, I'm sure I'd be the triangle player who was only entrusted a phrase worth of dinging 108 measures into the second to last movement. For non-musical folks, I'd be low on the totem pole. Therefore, it's time to take the blog in a new direction and stick to topics I can get into writing. Sustainability!
After scrolling through a few previous entries, I realized how much I rely on my experiences and how I mentally digest them. I thought I'd take a retrospective approach to writing and share some stories about my past with you. Since I am a Christian and the most exciting and interesting thing I do most weeks is Old Testament Bible study (don't tune out now or let your eyes glaze over because it just got Bible-y), most of my stories will likely have some aspect of my faith included. Perhaps like sitcoms of old where some mishap unfolds in the first two thirds of a show only to be resolved in the episode's final chapter with some moral element & classy saxophone music. Cheesy, I know, but this is my dream. Also, I was once a prodigal son-type (read: trouble maker extraordinaire). So you are likely to read an amusing story from time to time. Fun times for all.
In light of a new chapter, you'll see a new title to the blog. Perhaps it's overdue, but I think it's high time we used the real name. For now we're going with "Un Petit Truc" which means a little thing in French (really it's more like a little whatchamacallit). Seems to suit my let's-see-where-this-goes direction. I'll be writing soon. À bientôt!
No comments:
Post a Comment