Kyle and I have been parents for 2 weeks and 1 day now! We had a small setback in our routine last Sunday night. Kyle was planning on returning to work Monday morning when I had a surprise bleeding episode that landed us in the ER around 1am. We didn't sleep a wink that night while I was getting treated, but little Mr. Hamilton was an angel and miraculously slept 5 1/2 hours in a row through the whole ordeal. When we got home between 5 & 6am, Bennett was ready to eat and start the day. Kyle and I were not quite as enthusiastic. Anyhow, my (second) recovery has gone really well. Today was my first whole day alone with the baby. This called for a celebration~ do you know how I celebrate? A trip to Starbucks!!!
In honor of pregnancy belly shots, I thought I'd share my baby travel tote a la photo du miroir....
 |
| Cutie little legs which used to kick my ribs! |
 |
| It was a bit easier to carry him internally, but Jeep does a good job with this fun pack. Thanks Kemper family for our baby carrier! |
Don't worry Mom~ I put a hat on his head to protect him from the sun. He slept through the whole trip while I enjoyed a decaf caramel frap. The friendly Starbucks staff was excited to see I had had the baby (I'm a junkie). The only down side~ all the tables were full inside and nobody offered the new mom & babe a seat. It was too hot to stay outside while I enjoyed my beverage so I loitered around the mix-ins station until I had emptied my cup. For the walk home, I enjoyed a big cup of ice water while Bennett chilled out. All in all it was a success. First full day alone with the baby & first mommy/baby outing!
1 comment:
Look at how quickly you're shrinking back to size!!! I still need to post pictures of the last time we saw you - at the Varsity and eagerly anticipating delivery day.
Post a Comment