6.28.2011

Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Kyle and I were thrilled to complete our porch updates recently so that we could enjoy a nice shady outdoor living space.  Between the super heat and crazy summer storms, we haven't been doing much porch sitting.  Perhaps our presence would have prevented some of the catastrophes my poor little bird feeder has endured recently.  Lame as it is, I have already blogged about squirrels attacking the homestead and squandering our birdseed on reckless living (or at least stealing it from our intended recipients).

Back in happier days, there was order and a perfect little bird feeder and patriotic drapeau.

Today I looked out my window and didn't see our feeder.  I thought Kyle may have taken it down since we had sporty weather last night.  Sometimes we take our flag down to prevent the wind from tearing it up.  Well, the feeder was nowhere to be found~ until I peered over our railing.  Lo and behold, it was in pieces on the ground below. *tear* I had hoped it had been the result of crazy storms, but deep down I already knew who was responsible...

A damaged little roof

The cruel critters tried to chew their way into the seed store.

They damaged a great deal of the house before they dropped it from the porch.

Less damage on the other side, but they still made their mark.

Aha!  Somebody chewed right through the cord causing my little bird feeder to smash to the ground.  This must be their revenge for me squirting them with a water bottle when I spot those crafty scavengers (yes, I'm the nut who runs outside spraying jumpy rodents who pillage from my porch).

WANTED:  Nasty squirrels who ate & broke my bird feeder
Free food has been revoked from all Norcross wildlife chez les Hamiltons until we can come up with an appropriate response...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...