6.07.2010

Alli T!

I hope my dear friend Allison won't mind a birthday blog on her husband's birthday.  It's a bit belated (why do we only use that word with birthday greetings?), but Alli's b-day was yesterday.   Alas, shall we take a stroll down memory lane?  For those who didn't attend GT with me, Alli was my roommate for the better part of our college career.  We definitely had a meet cute~ we both requested random roommates for our freshman year and were surprised to be paired together since we attended high school together and even had gifted lit in 9th grade together and AP U.S. history our junior year.  It was a funny coincidence, but I thank God I was paired with her upon entering university.  We lost a good amount of time playing Tetris Attack, and I have Alli to thank for any athletic achievement I have reached~she, in fact, introduced me to the gym and the elliptical.  Allison also brought me to my first small group~ it was a study on Galatians. We haven't spent much time together in the past couple of years, but even now she is not far away serving as a missionary in Birmingham, England.  Perhaps if Kyle lands a position with Siemens, we'll get to join Alli & her husband Mike in the UK.  Let's get on with the photos... I have a veritable cornucopia of digital history.

The oldest picture I have of us together... at least Alli looks cute.

Looking fresh for a formal

Sassy dance moves

Less formal dancing...

We're in the middle row sporting red tops with all our girl friends.

Chilling out by the wonderful wall of prayer in 225 Woodruff.

This is Alli.... in a box!

Beach vacation our sophomore year~seafood time!

On rock & rock on!

Mind the gap

We are GT fans...

... and frequently attend football games....

... and sometimes get a little hyphy with Whitney!

A golf outing at the driving range~ we learned together, but she's probably way more skilled than I am.

This was the last time I saw Alli before she departed for Mexico~she survived living on a volcano.

Be happy.  Hug a pumpkin.

We enjoyed a good many sporting event at the SAC fields.

Merry Christmas brownies!

Beach brownies

T-Rizzle and the gals!

Apparently not having the best time at this Christmas party...

Classy black & white photo

There's no telling why we were so thrilled, but it must have been something like Trey cheering us to say cheese as happily as possible.

D-double d-date!

Brownie reunion just last summer

Getting Alli into her wedding dress on her happy day!

Et voila~a lovely bride & groom

Preparing with Alli, friends, and sisters on my wedding day.

What a lovely ensemble of identically dressed loved ones.

Happy birthday Thompson couple!

Hope yall have a lovely time celebrating your first birthdays in the UK!

Take care birthday buddies and hope to see yall in Europe one of these days!

1 comment:

Alli Thompson said...

What a fun trip down memory lane! If we ever live in the same country again, we should make some more memories! :) Thanks for the blog tribute, love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...