4.06.2010

Double Feature

Part 1

Bienvenue back at my blog.  Best get ready for a birthday blog!  Today is none other than Miss Foo's 24th birthday!  Let's do a little photo tribute, shall we?

 May I present to you Miss Foo.  She's kind of a big deal.

This dates back to 2002~Foo and I took a trip to the mall and this guy caught our eye...yikes!  Check out that class ring!

Who put whole milk in that lady's decaf soy latte? Good thing we were unaware at the time we had such a condescending coffee companion at Starbucks in Savannah...

Not sure what the occasion was, but we thought we could dance.  Nice mermaid hair, Foo.

This was first time I donned a costume with Foo since Halloween circa mid-childhood.  It was a worthy cause~the release of HP7.  I was Fleur Delacour and Foo was Nymphadora Tonks.

Height and hair color we have in common.  Skin color in the summertime is a different story...

Please delight in a plate of our finest canned shrimp, large bird.

I missed wearing my Christmas crown with Foo this year.  Blow da whistle....

Hey Anna~what is art?

Though blurry and red eyed, I love this one of us.  

Happy artist got her degree!  She's now officially qualified to render her interpretations of an inspirational or robotic animals with which she crosses paths.

Moments before achieving our lifelong dream of meeting Silverchair... okay, maybe that was just my lifelong dream.

I call this picture, "Dancing with My Cat".  If she had the chance, she'd ask the world to dance.  Can you name the song I've referenced and its singer?  This is KHud's fault...

Dress up party in our fancy clothes just once before the wedding.

Miss Foo's birthday just last year. We were having fun with presents and Yoda (Adam's dog).

I cherish moments like these.  Wish we had cherry flavored Pez (name this movie, anyone?)

Saving the best for last.  A love for tots that never dies.  I long to be with you more than I long to eat tots.  Happy Birthday Miss Foo.  I miss you and love you!

Part 2

I had a few more treats to share of the normal persuasion.  My sweet husband Kyle never ceases to make me giggle whether it is silly songs or dances or whatever.  He has permitted me to share with yall his post-church Easter outfit.
Stripes, argyle, and khaki~it must be love, love, love.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Love is the best.  (KHud~look what you are doing to me with your 80s hits.  Your precious 80s hits).

Kyle also whipped up something special for our main meal while I prepared my mom's tasty Bloody Mary punch.  For dinner we had garlic horseradish mashed potatoes and lamb chops.  For the Passover feast, Jews traditionally eat one dish with bitter herbs which represents the bitterness of slavery.  We decided to incorporate that part of Passover into our potatoes (thanks for the horseradish tip, Mom!).  Of course the lamb is representative of Christ.  In truth this also relates to the Passover as it was a lamb sacrificed to God when he passed over his faithful followers homes and spared the lives of their first born sons.  It was a fun way to celebrate and reflect on our faith.

Feast your eyes on this!  Forgot to mention, Kyle added bacon to top the potatoes.  What can I say?  The man has a weakness...

Show & Tell~Auriana is a 5th grader in Marly.  She brought me a cd last week and today she blew the doors off everyone with her exquisite hand-painted gift.  This seriously tops the charts.  I believe this one is off the market for prospective card senders.  It's just so cute.

So sweet and full of spring colors.  Despite tormenting my 5th graders with standardized test stress, they haven't turned on me.  I'm so grateful!

Happy day to you wherever you are.  If you are in Marietta, happy day 2 of Pirate fest.  I know I wish I could be there.  A plus!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...